Friday, August 16, 2013

Lean in 13 - Day 2

I am sore.  I woke up sore and it am still sore.  Thank you Motrin.  I knew I would be sore going into a new workout routine but did not realize how much.  I can still get up steps so I consider that a win.  The other side affect I was not expecting was how good I feel about doing this program.  I  am so happy to be doing a strict program of diet, exercise, and supplements that is a proven system at will give results.  I can look past the soreness to the end goal of a healthier, sexier me.

Day 2 Diet and supplement routine:

7:30: MNS color pack, 3 catalyst, 2 ThermoPlus

7:30: workout

8:00: Meal replacement shake, 2 MNS white packs

10:30: 1/4 cup sunflower seeds

12:30: MNS color pack, 3 catalyst, 2 ThermoPlus

1:00: grilled chicken salad

3:30: Muscle gain shake

6:00: zucchini spaghetti

8:30: bw3s naked wings, 2 Carb-ease


Exercise

Today's exercise routine gives you a break from the hard workout from yesterday but still not letting you off too easy.  The program calls for a 30 minute moderate intensity (70% effort) workout.  I chose to do a 30 minute jog.  I don't know if I could have done much more because my legs were already sore from the interval workout and leg exercise from yesterday.  It was the perfect choice to give your body a rest from intense strain but still raise your heart rate through cardio and workout the entire body.  I feel so accomplished to do the jog and even happier to have it out of the way.


I wanted to touch on supplements briefly.  Many people think "Health is all about diet and exercise only so why supplements? As long as I eat right and exercise I will be fine."  I thought this way too for a long time.  And I do believe you will be "fine."  But why not be excellent and give your body proper nutrition that you can not get from the foods we eat.  The following video really helped me understand "why supplements?"

http://youtu.be/7Vp879Gck6g

I will try to document some product highlights so you can see why I am taking these supplements throughout this challenge.

-The Joyful and Tired Dad











No comments:

Post a Comment