Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Sad Toot

I wanted to share this quick story for 2 reasons: 1. I think its hilarious and you'd enjoy it. 2. I wanted to write it down so it wouldn't be forgotten.

Zachary and I went to visit my parents at a state park which was supposedly 45 minutes away. I didn't have directions, I just thought I would look for the state park signs and take that exit. Well, originally I wasn't sure how far away it was, so I kept driving. About mile marker 32 I decided to call my parents to find out the exit number. They said "exit 84" I was now 52 miles past the exit so instead we just went a couple more miles to Cincinnati to visit my brother and his family. (That wasn't the story, but I thought it shows how great I am at directions or lack there of, ask my wife. But I improvised and everything worked out to lead to this story.)

That night after playing in the pool all day with his 4 boy cousins, Zachary made the decision to spend the night. Everything was going as planned until we got closer to bedtime and he pulled me aside and with tears in his eyes he sobbed, "I want to go home. I miss mommy." (insert 'ahh, thats so sweet' comment here) We then go upstairs to tell his cousins we are leaving, and they proceed to try to convince him otherwise. Why don't companies employ 6 and 7 year olds for telemarketing jobs? They would be the best salesmen in persistence alone, not to mention you'd feel like a jerk hanging up on a kid. But Zachary made his decision and so standing between them he says in the most sorrowful voice, "Sorry Ben and Will, but I have to go home." and without skipping a beat, rips the longest and equally sorrowful sounding fart. Its like his butt wanted to state its regret too. Well, in a room full of boys, we all started laughing so hard and imitating it over and over again. Well, we now have our newest catch phrase for the summer of 2010 and will be repeated every get-together until replaced by another flatulence-inspired one-liner.

Now I need to go clean the couch. Why you might ask? I just walked into the living room where Drew is sitting on the couch with his shirt off and upon asking why his shirt off he states, "cause it has pee-pee on it." And underneath him, on the couch, is the pee-pee stain where it has leaked through the diaper. But before you go calling children services on my neglectful parenting, the diaper was hardly wet. So let me offer some friendly advice to new parents of boys or little known information to parents of girls: Always, I mean always, point it down before closing up the diaper.

And they wonder why their nicknames are based off the Nick Jr. show, "Toot and Puddle."

Trying to decide if Resolve or Febreeze is better,
The Joyful and Tired Dad

'Toot and Puddle'

1 comment:

  1. Mark, I am just reading this, and I am laughing out loud. Great story, pictures and blog.

    ReplyDelete